World class capabilities
Established in 2010 as a privately-funded power electronics company, Amantys focusses on digital control through software and FPGAs of power electronic converters and systems. We have a histroy of designing gate drives for railway traction and other high-power systems using IGBTs in the range 1700-6500V and currents from 500A.
We also work on fibre-optic communications which are required for modular-multi-level converters (MMC). To test these we have design low power demonstrators so that software engineers can test at safe voltages.
Headquartered in Cambridge UK, Amantys has a team of engineers experienced in all aspects of analogue and digital control, and power electronics. We design our own PCBs and we are building a team of embedded software engineers.
Our development roadmap demands that we understand the technical challenges faced in many diverse applications. The problems we're addressing are often common in each of these markets.
Our expertise focussed on the power transistor and how it switches, whether it's using traditional silicon thyristors, IGBTs or MOSFETs, or emerging semiconductor materials such as Silicon Carbide (SiC) and Gallium Nitride (GaN).
We are developing solutions for medium and high voltage applications that:
- Monitor the switching characteristics of power transistors
- Control the switch operation
- Improve switch performance and efficiency
- Enhance system reliability and robustness
Double Pulse Test
- In-house test facility at Amantys headquarters in Cambridge
- Rigorous testing of gate drives and IGBT modules for safe operating area conditions
- Full characterisation of individual IGBT manufacturers’ modules for safe operating frequency against gate resistor and temperature
Back-to-back Testing of High Power Converters
- High voltage power supplies (up to 5000V)
- Cooling system
- Safety interlocks and operator isolation through fibre-optic communication